Chard, chocolate and chiles–love ’em. I’m sharing the love with seasonally-inspired vegetarian food, and (mostly) “healthy” desserts.
Are you looking for new and interesting meatless and plant-based recipes? Are you thinking about shifting what you cook and eat to a healthier path? You can do it–one bite at a time.
We’re talking about unprocessed food, wholesome natural food, ingredients your great-grandmother would recognize.
I develop and write recipes, then take photos and post it all here on Letty’s Kitchen. And then I tell everyone about it on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. One woman-does-it-all. Yup. Did I mention I am totally addicted to Instagram? I post photos of food, nature, travel and #carlosdog.
My kitchen pantry is lined with recycled glass jars, full of natural foods, like nuts and beans, quinoa, barley and brown rice–follow my recipes to navigate your way with these health-giving foods.
There’s a whole shelf of natural sweeteners too, like honey, maple syrup, and agave syrup, coconut and date sugar. And yes there’s a jar of organic cane sugar, for when nothing else will do.
Let’s get cooking.
• I studied at The French Culinary Institute in Manhattan New York. That was fun!
• I wrote a cookbook: Chocolate Snowball: and other Fabulous Pastries from Deer Valley Bakery.
• I adore Mexico. I practice speaking Spanish whenever I can–so to speak the language more fluently than I do now.
• I hail from Santa Ana California. My parents created eight children, four boys and four girls.
• One of my teenage chores was cooking the family dinner while my Mom worked–I learned my way around a kitchen early in life. Thanks Mom.
• I have been a vegetarian for more than 40 years. For sure that’s why I am hale, hearty and happy.
• I wanted to learn to ski so I moved to Salt Lake City Utah. I met my husband Robbie at Alta. I’m still a ski bum.
• I graduated from the University of Utah. With a cum laude degree in fashion merchandising. Huh?
• Ski patroller was my first job at Deer Valley Resort.
• Then I became a baker. In fact, I was executive pastry chef at Deer Valley for 30 years.
• Thanks for visiting! Email me whenever: firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to hear from you.