Triple Berry Kale Smoothie
This smoothie is your base recipe. Have fun mixing and matching juices and fruits for your own creations.
Servings: 3 servings.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup unfiltered apple juice (see note)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 large handful chopped kale leaves , tough stems removed and discarded (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
Put the coconut water and apple juice in the blender bowl.
Add the berries, banana chunks, pineapple, kale and chia seeds.
Puree until very smooth.
- If you prefer less sugar, (even natural sugars) use 2 cups of coconut water, eliminating the apple juice.
- The purple berry color is brightest the moment you pour it out of the blender.
- All smoothies change color with time--just close your eyes—the flavor continues to shine.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 1979IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 2mg