Easy Zesty Hummus Vinaigrette
Hummus vinaigrette salad dressing is a snap to make. It's delicious on all kinds of salads, from naked greens to those summery bean and grain salads you take to potlucks. Makes about 1 1/4 cups dressing.
Servings: 10 servings
- 3/4 cup hummus, homemade or purchased
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot (see note)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika, optional (see note)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
Whisk the hummus and water together in a bowl.
Add the minced shallot and apple cider vinegar.
Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until all of the oil is mixed in.
Whisk in the maple syrup, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- I used roasted red pepper hummus to make this recipe, which lent the dressing an inviting rosy color. When I make this dressing with classic hummus, I whisk in the paprika.
- If you don’t have shallots, substitute a minced clove of garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of hummus is 1 gram of protein
- 2 tablespoons of tahini is 6 grams protein
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas is 20 grams protein
Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.5mg