Red, White, and Blueberry Salad
Blueberries, red pepper and jicama stars give this salad its patriotic colors. Use a star cookie cutter for the jicama, or keep it simpler and just cut the jicama in strips--either way it rings red, white and blue.
Servings: 10 servings.
- 5 or 6 ounces organic mixed lettuces
- 1 stalk celery , cut in ¼-inch pieces
- Kernels from 1 ear sweet white corn
- 1 large jicama , peeled and cut in stars or 1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper , cut lengthwise, about 1/4-inch wide
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 ounces feta cheese , crumbled, optional
- Fruity vinegar , as needed
- Fruity olive oil , as needed
Tear the lettuce into smaller pieces. Put in a serving bowl and sprinkle with the celery and corn.
Scatter (or arrange how you want) the red pepper, blueberries, and jicama. If you wish, sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese. Serve with fruity vinegar and extra virgin olive oil for everyone to dress their salads to their taste.