Basil and Arugula Pesto
Makes about 1 cup.
Servings: 16 tablespoons
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese , broken in pieces or already grated (don’t even think of using that sawdust in the green can)
- 1 cup tightly packed stemmed fresh basil
- 1 cup tightly packed arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
With the motor of the food processor running, mince the garlic by dropping it through the feed tube. Process until it is very fine.
Add the cheese, basil, walnuts and salt. Process for about 10 seconds, stopping to move things around if they get hung up.
With the machine running, pour oil through the feed tube in a thin stream, processing until everything is well blended.
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg