Savory Cottage Cheese Dill Muffins
These moist muffins round out a meal of soup and salad. With almost 7 grams of protein in each muffin, they're awesome for snacking as well.
Servings: 12 muffins.
- 2 ¼ cups whole grain spelt flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¾ cup lowfat cottage cheese , about 6 ounces
- ¾ cup plain whole milk yogurt
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup chopped green onions , mostly the white bottom part
- Fresh dill fronds for garnish , optional
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 12 muffin cups with melted butter or spray generously with cooking spray.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, cottage cheese and yogurt. Stir in the chopped dill and onions. Pour the wet mixture over the dry and gently blend together.
Divide the batter evenly between each muffin cup. Decorate each muffin top with a dill frond, if desired.
Bake about 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are barely golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from the pan. Serve warm.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 458mg | Potassium: 130mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 61IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg