Red Wine Herb Vinaigrette
Tomato-y vegetable juice like V8, with red wine and balsamic vinegars, olive and avocado oils and plenty of herbs, this is a popular salad dressing at our house. Makes 2 1/2 cups dressing, figure 2 tablespoons per person.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup organic avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- 5.5 ounces vegetable juice, V8 juice or Knudsen Very Veggie juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs or 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
Put the mustard, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender bowl. Add the olive and avocado oils and the vegetable juice. Blend until smooth.
Remove from blender and mix in the herbs and chives, but do not blend. Taste for salt and add more if you think it's needed. Transfer to a bottle or other container.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 128IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg